- KIM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $84.8 million.
- KIM has traded 1.5 million shares today.
- KIM is trading at 1.51 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- KIM crossed above its 200-day simple moving average.
'Storm the Castle' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakout can lead to potentially massive profits. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock is then free to find new buyers and momentum traders who can ultimately push the stock significantly higher. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize on. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KIM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KIM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KIM: Kimco Realty Corporation is an independent real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets across North America. It is primarily engaged in acquisitions, development, and management of neighborhood and community shopping centers. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.3%. KIM has a PE ratio of 44.5. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Kimco Realty a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Kimco Realty has been 3.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Kimco has a market cap of $8.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.41 and a short float of 4.1% with 3.49 days to cover. Shares are up 7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Kimco Realty as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- KIMCO REALTY CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, KIMCO REALTY CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.46 versus $0.27 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.50 versus $0.46).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 6.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- 40.83% is the gross profit margin for KIMCO REALTY CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 21.47% trails the industry average.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, KIMCO REALTY CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Kimco Realty Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.