- RAX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $87.0 million.
- RAX has traded 9.5 million shares today.
- RAX traded in a range 246.4% of the normal price range with a price range of $3.68.
- RAX traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 61 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 61 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RAX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RAX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RAX: Rackspace Hosting, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides cloud computing services, managing Web-based IT systems for small and medium-sized businesses, and large enterprises worldwide. RAX has a PE ratio of 59.0. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Rackspace Hosting a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold. The average volume for Rackspace Hosting has been 3.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Rackspace Hosting has a market cap of $5.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.40 and a short float of 18.8% with 7.14 days to cover. Shares are up 3.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Rackspace Hosting as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 16.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Although RAX's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.07 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.38, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for RACKSPACE HOSTING INC is rather high; currently it is at 67.22%. Regardless of RAX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, RAX's net profit margin of 4.19% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, RACKSPACE HOSTING INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 49.82%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 42.10% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Although its share price is down sharply from a year ago, do not assume that it can now be tagged as cheap and attractive. The reality is that, based on its current price in relation to its earnings, RAX is still more expensive than most of the other companies in its industry.
- You can view the full Rackspace Hosting Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.