Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Idexx Laboratories ( IDXX) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Idexx Laboratories as such a stock due to the following factors:
- IDXX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $61.7 million.
- IDXX has traded 8,167 shares today.
- IDXX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IDXX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IDXX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on IDXX: IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. develops, manufactures, and distributes various products and services for the companion animal veterinary, livestock and poultry, water testing, and dairy markets worldwide. IDXX has a PE ratio of 33.6. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Idexx Laboratories a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Idexx Laboratories has been 392,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Idexx has a market cap of $6.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.80 and a short float of 6.5% with 6.98 days to cover. Shares are up 10% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Idexx Laboratories as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 25.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- IDEXX LABS INC has improved earnings per share by 5.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, IDEXX LABS INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.48 versus $3.17 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.83 versus $3.48).
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, IDEXX LABS INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The gross profit margin for IDEXX LABS INC is rather high; currently it is at 53.28%. Regardless of IDXX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 12.21% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Idexx Laboratories Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.