The stock was rising 1.13% to $47.01 at 9:39 a.m. on Tuesday.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates XILINX INC as a "buy" with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate XILINX INC (XLNX) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- XLNX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, XILINX INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for XILINX INC is currently very high, coming in at 71.51%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 29.97% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 76.54% to $216.39 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, XILINX INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -74.93%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: XLNX Ratings Report