Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. MetLife ( MET) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, MetLife fell $0.55 (-1.1%) to $48.56 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,505,693 shares of MetLife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,679,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $48.28-$49.13 after having opened the day at $49.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.11. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: eHealth ( EHTH), down 6.1%, Life Partners Holdings ( LPHI), down 6.1%, AmTrust Financial Services ( AFSI), down 5.5% and Mercury General Corporation ( MCY), down 5.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full MetLife Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.