Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Allstate ( ALL) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Allstate fell $0.67 (-1.3%) to $52.09 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,965,798 shares of Allstate exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,413,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $51.50-$52.62 after having opened the day at $52.62 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.76. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Gaming and Leisure Properties ( GLPI), down 18.8%, Credit Suisse ( UGAZ), down 10.5%, Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bear 3X Shares ( DUST), down 9.5% and OptimumBank Holdings ( OPHC), down 9.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Allstate Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.