Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Synaptics ( SYNA) pushed the Computer Hardware industry lower today making it today's featured Computer Hardware laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Synaptics fell $1.47 (-2.5%) to $56.66 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,080,277 shares of Synaptics exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,046,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $56.31-$58.48 after having opened the day at $58.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.13. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that declined today were: Echelon Corporation ( ELON), down 9.7%, Identive Group ( INVE), down 3.2%, Extreme Networks ( EXTR), down 3.0% and Lantronix ( LTRX), down 2.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Synaptics Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.