Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Nielsen Holdings ( NLSN) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Nielsen Holdings rose $0.96 (2.2%) to $45.14 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,184,632 shares of Nielsen Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,615,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $43.71-$45.14 after having opened the day at $44.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.18. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Supertex ( SUPX), up 35.1%, China Information Technology ( CNIT), up 25.6%, AutoNavi Holdings ( AMAP), up 24.4% and magicJack VocalTec ( CALL), up 18.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Nielsen Holdings Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.