Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Travelers Companies ( TRV) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Travelers Companies rose $1.47 (1.8%) to $82.35 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,260,884 shares of Travelers Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,297,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $80.65-$82.44 after having opened the day at $81.33 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $80.88. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: CNA Financial ( CNA), up 6.9%, First Acceptance Corporation ( FAC), up 3.7%, Kingsway Financial Services ( KFS), up 3.4% and MBIA ( MBI), up 3.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Travelers Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.