Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Franklin Resources ( BEN) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Franklin Resources rose $0.70 (1.3%) to $52.85 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,332,527 shares of Franklin Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,179,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $52.06-$53.14 after having opened the day at $52.12 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.15. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: US Global Investors ( GROW), up 16.3%, Paulson Capital ( PLCC), up 15.1%, First Marblehead Corporation ( FMD), up 10.2% and Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bull 3X Shares ( NUGT), up 9.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Franklin Resources Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.