Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. First Solar ( FSLR) pushed the Electronics industry higher today making it today's featured electronics winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, First Solar rose $1.27 (2.5%) to $51.10 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,299,196 shares of First Solar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,732,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $49.70-$51.48 after having opened the day at $49.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.83. Other companies within the Electronics industry that increased today were: Supertex ( SUPX), up 35.1%, Plug Power ( PLUG), up 14.5%, Perceptron ( PRCP), up 11.3% and GT Advanced Technologies ( GTAT), up 9.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full First Solar Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.