Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Tyson Foods ( TSN) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Tyson Foods rose $0.41 (1.1%) to $36.50 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,582,875 shares of Tyson Foods exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,942,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $35.99-$36.62 after having opened the day at $36.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.09. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Motorcar Parts of America ( MPAA), up 14.7%, Crystal Rock Holdings ( CRVP), up 9.8%, S&W Seed Company ( SANW), up 9.2% and SodaStream International ( SODA), up 7.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Tyson Foods Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.