Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Nuance Communications ( NUAN) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Nuance Communications as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NUAN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $62.6 million.
- NUAN is up 2.7% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NUAN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NUAN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NUAN: Nuance Communications, Inc. provides voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers worldwide. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Nuance Communications a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Nuance Communications has been 7.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Nuance has a market cap of $4.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.09 and a short float of 11.5% with 7.69 days to cover. Shares are up 1.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Nuance Communications as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NUAN's revenue growth trails the industry average of 10.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- NUAN's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.89 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that NUAN's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.53 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- The gross profit margin for NUANCE COMMUNICATIONS INC is rather high; currently it is at 63.64%. Regardless of NUAN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, NUAN's net profit margin of -6.84% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 127.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $117.64 million to -$32.32 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, NUANCE COMMUNICATIONS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Nuance Communications Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.