- HSP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $57.7 million.
- HSP has traded 1.5 million shares today.
- HSP traded in a range 204.9% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.90.
- HSP traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 16 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 16 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HSP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HSP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HSP: Hospira, Inc. provides injectable drugs and infusion technologies to develop, manufacture, distribute, and markets products worldwide. Currently there are no analysts that rate Hospira a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Hospira has been 949,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Hospira has a market cap of $7.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.87 and a short float of 2.8% with 3.56 days to cover. Shares are up 3.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Hospira as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that we feel that the company's cash flow from its operations has been weak overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income increased by 72.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.10 million to $1.90 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 3.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, HOSPIRA INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $10.90 million or 94.21% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Hospira Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.