Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Honeywell International ( HON) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Honeywell International as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HON has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $366.1 million.
- HON has traded 63,624 shares today.
- HON is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HON with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HON NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HON: Honeywell International Inc. operates as a diversified technology and manufacturing company worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. HON has a PE ratio of 18.0. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate Honeywell International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Honeywell International has been 2.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Honeywell International has a market cap of $70.3 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.28 and a short float of 0.7% with 1.18 days to cover. Shares are down 0.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Honeywell International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HON's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 7.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.50, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.01, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 271.87% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 30.34% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.92 versus $3.70 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.55 versus $4.92).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Aerospace & Defense industry. The net income increased by 277.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $251.00 million to $947.00 million.
- You can view the full Honeywell International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.