- NPSP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $59.6 million.
- NPSP is up 2.2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NPSP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NPSP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NPSP: NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, engages in the development of therapeutic products in the United States. Its lead product is Gattex for the treatment of adult patients with short bowel syndrome (SBS) who are dependent on parenteral support. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate NPS Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for NPS Pharmaceuticals has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. NPS has a market cap of $3.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of -0.10 and a short float of 10.9% with 5.24 days to cover. Shares are up 10.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates NPS Pharmaceuticals as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow, poor profit margins and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 11.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 45.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 75.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 334.55% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, NPS PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for NPS PHARMACEUTICALS INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 6.43%. Regardless of NPSP's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, NPSP's net profit margin of -2.77% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$6.92 million or 180.51% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full NPS Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.