Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. VeriSign ( VRSN) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, VeriSign fell $2.74 (-4.9%) to $52.68 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6,463,147 shares of VeriSign exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,470,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $50.49-$53.14 after having opened the day at $53.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.42. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: Linktone ( LTON), down 16.5%, xG Technology ( XGTI), down 6.7%, RRSat Global Communications Network ( RRST), down 3.1% and Nortel Inversora ( NTL), down 2.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full VeriSign Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.