Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Staples ( SPLS) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Staples fell $0.20 (-1.5%) to $13.07 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,866,219 shares of Staples exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9,085,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $13.02-$13.38 after having opened the day at $13.28 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.27. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: XO Group ( XOXO), down 3.1%, China Auto Logistics ( CALI), down 2.8%, Blue Nile ( NILE), down 2.8% and Perfumania Holdings ( PERF), down 2.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Staples Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.