Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. LinkedIn ( LNKD) pushed the Internet industry lower today making it today's featured Internet laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, LinkedIn fell $13.86 (-6.2%) to $209.59 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 11,188,283 shares of LinkedIn exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,986,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $201.98-$211.78 after having opened the day at $210.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $223.45. Other companies within the Internet industry that declined today were: Internet Initiative Japan ( IIJI), down 12.8%, Montage Technology Group ( MONT), down 9.9%, VeriSign ( VRSN), down 4.9% and CafePress ( PRSS), down 4.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full LinkedIn Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.