Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Southwestern Energy Company ( SWN) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Southwestern Energy Company fell $0.98 (-2.3%) to $41.47 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6,120,343 shares of Southwestern Energy Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,542,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $41.17-$42.60 after having opened the day at $42.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.45. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Endeavour International ( END), down 9.0%, Energy XXI ( EXXI), down 7.2%, Baytex Energy ( BTE), down 4.4% and Approach Resources ( AREX), down 4.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Southwestern Energy Company Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.