Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. VeriFone Systems ( PAY) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, VeriFone Systems fell $0.29 (-1.0%) to $28.36 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,384,679 shares of VeriFone Systems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,042,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $27.83-$28.73 after having opened the day at $28.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.65. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: Kid Brands ( KID), down 5.8%, Nova Lifestyle ( NVFY), down 5.4%, Tempur Sealy International ( TPX), down 5.2% and Gaming Partners International Corporation ( GPIC), down 3.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full VeriFone Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.