Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Encana ( ECA) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Encana fell $0.55 (-2.9%) to $18.39 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,369,655 shares of Encana exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,028,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $18.34-$18.97 after having opened the day at $18.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.94. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Uranium Resources ( URRE), down 16.0%, Aceto Corporation ( ACET), down 11.8%, Endeavour International ( END), down 9.0% and Energy XXI ( EXXI), down 7.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Encana Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.