Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Praxair ( PX) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Praxair rose $2.78 (2.2%) to $127.06 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,688,798 shares of Praxair exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,095,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $124.51-$127.17 after having opened the day at $125.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $124.28. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Atlantic Power Corporation ( AT), up 5.9%, Korea Electric Power ( KEP), up 4.3%, Consolidated Water Company ( CWCO), up 4.0% and Empresa Nacional de Electricidad ( EOC), up 3.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Praxair Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.