Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Weyerhaeuser ( WY) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Weyerhaeuser rose $0.37 (1.2%) to $29.88 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,376,577 shares of Weyerhaeuser exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,533,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $29.35-$29.90 after having opened the day at $29.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.51. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Desarrolladora Homex SAB de CV ADR ( HXM), up 12.5%, Comstock ( CHCI), up 10.7%, Nuverra Environmental Solutions ( NES), up 4.8% and Republic Services ( RSG), up 4.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Weyerhaeuser Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.