Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. TripAdvisor ( TRIP) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, TripAdvisor rose $7.31 (9.5%) to $84.45 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,201,989 shares of TripAdvisor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,712,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $79.85-$85.42 after having opened the day at $79.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $77.14. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: LiveDeal ( LIVE), up 19.8%, Wix.com ( WIX), up 10.0%, Twitter ( TWTR), up 8.6% and YY ( YY), up 8.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full TripAdvisor Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.