Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. American Express ( AXP) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, American Express rose $1.31 (1.5%) to $87.00 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,495,219 shares of American Express exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,910,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $85.78-$87.17 after having opened the day at $85.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $85.69. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: Cash Store Financial Services ( CSFS), up 12.4%, RCS Capital Corp Class A ( RCAP), up 9.5%, Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bull 3X Shares ( NUGT), up 9.1% and ProShares Ultra Nasdaq Biotechnology ( BIB), up 8.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full American Express Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.