Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Wells Fargo ( WFC) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Wells Fargo rose $0.59 (1.3%) to $45.37 on average volume. Throughout the day, 16,768,718 shares of Wells Fargo exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 16,911,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $44.84-$45.40 after having opened the day at $45.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.78. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Credit Suisse ( DGAZ), up 15.0%, American Realty Investors ( ARL), up 12.8%, Desarrolladora Homex SAB de CV ADR ( HXM), up 12.5% and Cash Store Financial Services ( CSFS), up 12.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Wells Fargo Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.