Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. EOG Resources ( EOG) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, EOG Resources rose $3.25 (1.9%) to $176.50 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,085,258 shares of EOG Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,862,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $173.14-$176.88 after having opened the day at $174.76 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $173.25. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Magellan Petroleum Corporation ( MPET), up 13.9%, Ivanhoe Energy ( IVAN), up 11.9%, Pyramid Oil Company ( PDO), up 7.0% and ZaZa Energy ( ZAZA), up 6.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full EOG Resources Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.