Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. VF Corporation ( VFC) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, VF Corporation rose $1.32 (2.3%) to $58.75 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,782,506 shares of VF Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,150,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $57.77-$58.83 after having opened the day at $57.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.43. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Tofutti Brands ( TOF), up 14.5%, Swisher Hygiene ( SWSH), up 10.5%, Synutra International ( SYUT), up 9.8% and Universal Corporation ( UVV), up 7.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full VF Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.