Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Icahn ( IEP) pushed the Conglomerates sector higher today making it today's featured conglomerates winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Icahn rose $4.02 (3.8%) to $110.75 on light volume. Throughout the day, 215,134 shares of Icahn exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 421,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $108.00-$111.41 after having opened the day at $108.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $106.73. Other companies within the Conglomerates sector that increased today were: MGT Capital Investments ( MGT), up 6.2%, Platform Specialty Products ( PAH), up 5.9%, SAExploration Holdings ( SAEX), up 5.9% and EveryWare Global ( EVRY), up 4.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Icahn Ratings Report.
- Use our conglomerates section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.