Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. EMC Corporation ( EMC) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, EMC Corporation rose $0.33 (1.4%) to $24.49 on average volume. Throughout the day, 27,889,967 shares of EMC Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 23,849,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $24.05-$24.53 after having opened the day at $24.19 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.16. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: SMART Technologies ( SMT), up 28.1%, Imation Corporation ( IMN), up 14.6%, Acorn Energy ( ACFN), up 9.7% and Nimble Storage ( NMBL), up 6.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full EMC Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.