Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. ConocoPhillips ( COP) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, ConocoPhillips rose $0.68 (1.1%) to $64.98 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,954,843 shares of ConocoPhillips exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,891,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $64.16-$65.00 after having opened the day at $64.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $64.30. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Augusta Resource Corporation ( AZC), up 16.9%, Magellan Petroleum Corporation ( MPET), up 13.9%, Ivanhoe Energy ( IVAN), up 11.9% and Tanzanian Royalty Exploration Corporation ( TRX), up 10.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full ConocoPhillips Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.