Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. General Motors ( GM) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, General Motors rose $0.88 (2.5%) to $36.11 on average volume. Throughout the day, 31,247,789 shares of General Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 25,315,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $35.42-$36.46 after having opened the day at $35.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.23. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: Tesla Motors ( TSLA), up 4.6%, American Axle & Mfg Holdings ( AXL), up 4.5%, LKQ Corporation ( LKQ), up 4.2% and Icahn ( IEP), up 3.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full General Motors Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.