- MMS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $30.8 million.
- MMS has traded 97,767 shares today.
- MMS is down 4.1% today.
- MMS was up 19.6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MMS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MMS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MMS: MAXIMUS, Inc. provides business process services to government health and human services agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Saudi Arabia. The company operates in two segments, Health Services and Human Services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.4%. MMS has a PE ratio of 24.9. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Maximus a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Maximus has been 403,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Maximus has a market cap of $2.8 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.91 and a short float of 1.9% with 1.99 days to cover. Shares are up 13.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Maximus as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 18.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 27.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- MMS's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, MMS has a quick ratio of 1.64, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- MAXIMUS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MAXIMUS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.68 versus $1.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.85 versus $1.68).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the IT Services industry. The net income increased by 50.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $23.67 million to $35.63 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 50.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 25.42% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full Maximus Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.