Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Moody's Corporation ( MCO) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Moody's Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MCO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $81.5 million.
- MCO has traded 20,263 shares today.
- MCO is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MCO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MCO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MCO: Moody's Corporation provides credit ratings; and credit, capital markets, and economic related research, data, and analytical tools worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. MCO has a PE ratio of 22.2. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Moody's Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Moody's Corporation has been 819,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Moody's has a market cap of $16.1 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.57 and a short float of 4.2% with 8.38 days to cover. Shares are down 5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Moody's Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 36.87% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MCO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- MCO's revenue growth trails the industry average of 13.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Diversified Financial Services industry and the overall market, MOODY'S CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for MOODY'S CORP is currently very high, coming in at 71.16%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 26.06% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- You can view the full Moody's Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.