Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Activision Blizzard ( ATVI) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Activision Blizzard as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ATVI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $138.2 million.
- ATVI has traded 1.1 million shares today.
- ATVI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ATVI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ATVI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ATVI: Activision Blizzard, Inc. publishes online, personal computer (PC), console, handheld, and mobile interactive entertainment products worldwide. It operates in three segments: Activision, Blizzard, and Distribution. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. ATVI has a PE ratio of 16.2. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate Activision Blizzard a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Activision Blizzard has been 7.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Activision Blizzard has a market cap of $11.8 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.94 and a short float of 2.9% with 1.80 days to cover. Shares are down 5.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Activision Blizzard as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ATVI's share price has jumped by 52.60%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ATVI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- ATVI's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.18 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.90, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for ACTIVISION BLIZZARD INC is currently very high, coming in at 79.86%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, ATVI's net profit margin of 8.26% significantly trails the industry average.
- ATVI, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 11.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 17.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Activision Blizzard Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.