Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Shutterfly ( SFLY) pushed the Internet industry lower today making it today's featured Internet laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Shutterfly fell $5.38 (-10.8%) to $44.29 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6,155,384 shares of Shutterfly exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 729,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $42.43-$46.29 after having opened the day at $45.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.67. Other companies within the Internet industry that declined today were: Twitter ( TWTR), down 24.2%, Montage Technology Group ( MONT), down 17.7%, Digital River ( DRIV), down 9.0% and LiveDeal ( LIVE), down 7.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Shutterfly Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.