Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Chesapeake Energy ( CHK) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, Chesapeake Energy fell $1.80 (-6.9%) to $24.41 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 36,079,762 shares of Chesapeake Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,321,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $24.05-$25.58 after having opened the day at $25.58 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.21. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Dejour Energy ( DEJ), down 4.9%, Tesoro Corporation ( TSO), down 4.7%, Compressco Partners ( GSJK), down 3.7% and Miller Energy Resources ( MILL), down 3.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Chesapeake Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.