Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Exelon ( EXC) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Exelon rose $0.63 (2.2%) to $29.49 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 13,499,529 shares of Exelon exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,520,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $28.81-$29.88 after having opened the day at $28.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.86. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Companhia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado De ( SBS), up 6.6%, Transportadora de Gas del Sur ( TGS), up 6.5%, RGC Resources ( RGCO), up 4.7% and Energy Company of Minas Gerais ( CIG), up 4.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Exelon Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.