Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Union Pacific ( UNP) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Union Pacific rose $2.49 (1.4%) to $175.12 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,978,116 shares of Union Pacific exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,963,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $172.72-$175.61 after having opened the day at $172.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $172.63. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Globus Maritime ( GLBS), up 12.4%, Radiant Logistics ( RLGT), up 7.8%, Paragon Shipping ( PRGN), up 6.1% and Con-way ( CNW), up 5.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Union Pacific Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.