Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Yahoo ( YHOO) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Yahoo rose $0.75 (2.1%) to $36.24 on average volume. Throughout the day, 14,208,565 shares of Yahoo exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 18,056,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $35.61-$36.75 after having opened the day at $35.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.49. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Glu Mobile ( GLUU), up 27.6%, Akamai Technologies ( AKAM), up 20.6%, Yelp ( YELP), up 18.9% and Synchronoss Technologies ( SNCR), up 18.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Yahoo Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.