Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Comcast ( CMCSA) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, Comcast rose $0.65 (1.2%) to $54.03 on light volume. Throughout the day, 7,801,372 shares of Comcast exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,810,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $53.40-$54.15 after having opened the day at $53.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $53.38. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Monster Worldwide ( MWW), up 22.9%, Lee ( LEE), up 13.7%, RetailMeNot ( SALE), up 9.4% and RealD ( RLD), up 9.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Comcast Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.