Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PulteGroup ( PHM) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2.1%. By the end of trading, PulteGroup rose $0.64 (3.3%) to $20.13 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,809,825 shares of PulteGroup exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,351,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $19.59-$20.30 after having opened the day at $19.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.49. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Matrix Service Company ( MTRX), up 29.8%, USG ( USG), up 13.4%, Vulcan Materials Company ( VMC), up 9.1% and Sharps Compliance Corporation ( SMED), up 7.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full PulteGroup Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.