Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Google ( GOOG) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Google rose $16.76 (1.5%) to $1,159.96 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,931,121 shares of Google exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,979,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $1,147.55-$1,160.16 after having opened the day at $1,151.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $1,143.20. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: Akamai Technologies ( AKAM), up 20.6%, Yelp ( YELP), up 18.9%, 58.com ( WUBA), up 14.9% and eLong ( LONG), up 11.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Google Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.