Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Berkshire Hathaway ( BRK.B) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Berkshire Hathaway rose $1.38 (1.3%) to $110.16 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,884,480 shares of Berkshire Hathaway exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,682,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $108.94-$110.28 after having opened the day at $109.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $108.78. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Allstate ( ALL), up 5.7%, Phoenix Companies ( PNX), up 4.5%, Atlas Financial Holdings ( AFH), up 3.2% and Prudential ( PUK), up 3.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Berkshire Hathaway Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.