Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Caterpillar ( CAT) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Caterpillar rose $1.87 (2.0%) to $93.83 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,990,511 shares of Caterpillar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,752,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $91.79-$94.23 after having opened the day at $91.94 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $91.96. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: Matrix Service Company ( MTRX), up 29.8%, USG ( USG), up 13.4%, EnerSys ( ENS), up 9.3% and Vulcan Materials Company ( VMC), up 9.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Caterpillar Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.