Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Morgan Stanley ( MS) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Morgan Stanley rose $0.51 (1.8%) to $29.69 on average volume. Throughout the day, 14,688,434 shares of Morgan Stanley exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,199,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $29.14-$29.88 after having opened the day at $29.26 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.18. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: iPath Global Carbon ETN ( GRN), up 17.8%, Credit Suisse ( XIV), up 9.7%, ZipRealty ( ZIPR), up 9.5% and Direxion Daily Latin America Bull 3X Shares ( LBJ), up 8.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Morgan Stanley Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.