Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Halliburton Company ( HAL) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, Halliburton Company rose $1.49 (3.0%) to $50.76 on average volume. Throughout the day, 12,959,799 shares of Halliburton Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,995,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $49.45-$50.90 after having opened the day at $49.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.27. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Patterson-UTI Energy ( PTEN), up 13.4%, U.S. Energy ( USEG), up 7.0%, Whiting USA Trust I ( WHX), up 6.8% and Ultrapar Holdings ( UGP), up 6.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Halliburton Company Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.