Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Green Mountain Coffee Roasters ( GMCR) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters rose $21.22 (26.2%) to $102.10 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 32,197,161 shares of Green Mountain Coffee Roasters exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,252,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $99.57-$110.50 after having opened the day at $110.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $80.88. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Truett-Hurst Inc Class A ( THST), up 14.8%, iRobot Corporation ( IRBT), up 12.3%, Tofutti Brands ( TOF), up 10.7% and Clearwater Paper ( CLW), up 10.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.