Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Whirlpool Corporation ( WHR) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, Whirlpool Corporation rose $3.22 (2.5%) to $133.60 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,889,017 shares of Whirlpool Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,030,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $130.52-$133.63 after having opened the day at $130.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $130.38. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: iRobot Corporation ( IRBT), up 12.3%, Flexsteel Industries ( FLXS), up 6.7%, Ballantyne Strong ( BTN), up 6.0% and Gaming Partners International Corporation ( GPIC), up 5.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Whirlpool Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.